1. (to pound) (Paraguay) (River Plate)intransitive verb
a. to grind (mate leaves)
Los peones están canchando la yerba en una barraca.The workers are grinding mate leaves in a shed.
2. (old-fashioned) (to body-swerve blows) (Andes) (Southern Cone)
a. to dodge your rival (in a knife fight)
Zoilo canchaba con movimientos rápidos.Zoilo would dodge his rivals with quick moves.
Verb Conjugations for canchar
Present Participle: canchando
Past Participle: canchado
View complete conjugation for canchar
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Learn Spanish with Fluencia
Try Fluencia, the new Spanish learning program from SpanishDict.
- Fun and interactive
- Highly effective
- Easy to use
- Works on any device
Did this page answer your question?