Not real sure how it's spelled, but would like a definition for it. It's chapparita or chaparrita.

slang for short. Used for short females. A pet name for a short woman or short girl, "shorty." Usually used as a pet name within a Mexican family as a sign of affection for a little girl.

• Perhaps it's not offensive to you, but it can be, and I felt it appropriate to point out. Note I did not flag you. And the definition you used shows up at UD, exact same wording and all... http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chaparrita - nuxita Apr 9, 2010 flag
  • I asked how offensive "latin" is, please see the responses here "http://bit.ly/d4W0MT" - Neago Apr 9, 2010 flag

We actually have a member here known as Chaparrito. Ironically, he claims to be tall.

By the way, where have you been Chaparitto? We miss you! smile

Hi Nuxita

You had no reason to edit Neago´s answer. I have reinstated the original as I can see nothing wrong with it. As a retaliation to your edit, Neago has flagged your comment.

Would you please both treat editing and flagging with caution as it will only cause bad feeling.

• I did not edit anyone's answer. I don't know where you get this from. - nuxita Apr 11, 2010 flag
  • In fact, it shows quite clearly that Neago made the edit. - nuxita Apr 11, 2010 flag
  • Sorry about that. I was sure I saw your profile picture on the post. Must get new glasses, hehe. - Eddy Apr 11, 2010 flag

Exactly Nicole, Chaparrito seems to have disappeared. I opened a thread about that but, unluckily, it didn't arouse much interest :( Where is Maestro?? smile

Thank you very much. I've been forever trying to figure this one out.

Are some timestamps incorrect or is this question actually two years old?

I just now noticed that the original question and followup response from juanita are much older than any of the answers given. Odd.

• Her profile says she joined SpanishDict on April 9 2008 - can't be right can it? - ian-hill Apr 9, 2010 flag

Her profile says she joined SpanishDict on April 9 2008 - can't be right can it? - ian-hill

Yes it can, Ian, look at minewink

You joined SpanishDict (Dec 14, 2007)

• At the moment, it says you joined on Apr 09, 2010 and that you last appeared on 2010-04-09 . You appear to have accumulated an astonishing number of "points" in a single day. - samdie Apr 9, 2010 flag
  • Especially for an eighteen-year old. - samdie Apr 9, 2010 flag