The indigenous roots of the Spanish language
Many words in Spanish are indigenous words that were incorporated into the language during colonization under the Spanish Empire. Here you'll find examples of common Spanish words that didn't exist in the Spanish language until the discovery of the New World!
Three words - Feliz Año Nuevo
Ever wondered how you can wish your Spanish-speaking friend a Happy New Year? Check out our article to learn how and to find out more about New Year's Eve celebrations in Latin America!
More on SpanishDict
Search over 10,000 English and Spanish verb conjugations. Conjugate verbs in tenses including preterite, imperfect, future, conditional, subjunctive, irregular, and more. Enter the infinitive or conjugated form of the verb above to get started.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
- Interactive FlashcardsImages and audio help you learn faster
- Grammar PracticeSpanish grammar with practice questions
- Q&A ForumSpanish language questions and answers