el culto. 'el culto'. This masculine noun means 'worship, cult'. For example, 'por eso es que el culto a Dionisio estaba tan perseguido' / 'That is why the cult of Dionysus was so persecuted'. El culto.
1. cultured, educated (persona); refined (estilo); literary, learned (palabra)
2. worship (devoción)
- rendir culto, -a a -> to worship; (dios) to pay homage o tribute to (persona, valentía)
- culto, -a a la personalidad -> personality cult
3. cult (religión)
1. Speaking in general, respect or veneration paid to a person, as a testimony of his superior excellence and worth. (m)
2. Worship, adoration, religious act of reverence. (m)
- Culto divino -> public worship in churches
- Culto externo -> external demonstrations of respect to God and his saints, by processions, sacrifices, offerings, etc. Culto sagrado o religioso, honor or worship to God and the saints
- Culto superfluo -> worship by means of vain useless things
- Culto supersticioso -> worship paid either to whom it is not due, or in an improper manner
What could we do to improve?