caro. 'caro'. This adjective means 'expensive, difficult, dear'. For example, 'trescientos pesos es muy caro..., mi marido no tiene dinero' / 'Three hundred pesos is very expensive. My husband doesn't have money.'. Caro.
1. expensive (costoso)
- la vida está muy cara -> everything is so expensive
2. cherished (Formal) (querido)
- costar caro, -a -> to be expensive
- pagar caro, -a algo (figurative) -> to pay dearly for something
- un día te va a salir cara tu conducta (figurative) -> you'll pay dearly for this behavior one day
- vender caro, -a algo -> to sell something at a high price; not to give something up easily (figurative)
- vendieron cara su derrota -> their enemy paid a high price for their victory
1. Dearly, at a high price, at too great a price.
- Le costó muy caro -> it cost him dear
- Éso sale bastante caro -> that comes rather expensive
1 (costoso) expensive; dear
un coche carísimo a very expensive car
costar caro to be expensive; cost a lot
el abrigo me costó muy caro my coat was very expensive; my coat cost a lot
le costó caro tal atrevimiento his daring cost him dear
pagar caro algo to pay dearly for sth
pagó cara su insolencia he paid dearly for his insolence
un piso amueblado sale más caro a furnished flat is more expensive; en total el viaje nos salió muy caro altogether the trip was o proved very expensive
What could we do to improve?