1. Long measure, containing about two ells. (f)
2. Gray or white hair. (f)
- Peinar canas -> to grow old
- Tener canas -> to be old, to have white hair
- Echar una cana al aire -> to paint the town red, to have a good time, to go on a spree
1. Jail; prison cell. (Latin American) (m & f)
2. Police. (Ante Meridian & Latin American) (m)
- Caer en cana -> to land in jail
3. Policeman (persona). (m)
1. Hoary, hoar, frosty, gray-headed.
2. Deliberate, prudent, judicious. (Metaphorical)
(also canas) white o grey o gray hair; (EEUU)
echar una cana al aire to let one's hair down
faltar a las canas to show a lack of respect for one's elders
peinar canas to be getting on
What could we do to improve?