el cabello. 'el cabello'. This masculine noun means 'hair'. For example, 'usted tiene el cabello largo y muy bonito' / 'You have long and very beautiful hair'. El cabello.
- cabello de ángel (cooking) -> = preserve made of strands of pumpkin in syrup
1. Hair of the head. (m)
- Cabello de Venus -> (Bot.) maidenhair
- Estar pendiente de un cabello -> to hang by a thread
- Estar en cabello -> to have one’s hair down
2. Large sinews in mutton.
3. Fibres of plants; the silk of corn.
- Cabellos de ángel -> conserve of fruit cut into small threads
- Estar colgado de los cabellos, to be in anxious expectation of the issue of a critical affair. Tomar la ocasióon por los cabellos -> to take time by the forelock, (Met.) O profit by the occasion
- Traer alguna cosa por los cabellos -> (Met.) to appropriate a phrase, an authority, or a quotation, to a thing which has no relation with it
- Arrancarse los cabellos -> to pull or tear one’s hair
- Arrastrar a uno por los cabellos -> to drag one away by the hair
analizaremos solo un cabello we shall analyse just a single hair; llevaba el cabello recogido atrás she had o wore her hair tied back; te deja los cabellos brillantes it leaves your hair shiny
cabello de ángel confectionery and pastry filling made of pumpkin and syrup
What could we do to improve?