1. (colloquial) (grandmother)
a. grandma (colloquial)
Él dice que su abuelita canta bien bonito.He says his grandmother sings beautifully.
b. granny (colloquial)
Mi abuelita vive en Lima.My granny lives in Lima.
c. nan (colloquial) (United Kingdom)
La abuelita de mi amiga siempre toma té.My friend's nan always drinks tea.
d. gran (colloquial) (United Kingdom)
Mi abuelita viene de visita.My gran is coming to visit.
2. (baby clothing) (Southern Cone)
a. baby bonnet
Ponle la abuelita al niño antes de sacarlo al sol.Put the baby bonnet on the baby before taking him out in the sun.
3. (baby bed) (Bolivia) (Peru)
El bebé está bien dormido en su abuelita.The baby is fast asleep in his cradle.
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box. Google +1 or Like our Spanish Translation page to spread the word!
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Did this page answer your question?