How would you say "a black person" in spanish? Please help! Project due soon!!! | SpanishDict Answers

In an inoffensive way

Normally we are referred to as moreno/a.

You could also say afroamericano, or afrodescendente if the former is not applicable. Also, I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that using the word negro to refer to a person is not offensive in Spanish, or at least less so than in English. I think moreno is a bit colloquial, so it depends on the register of your context.

When talking about a physical description, moreno/a is perfectly acceptable, but you just need to be careful as to which verbs you are using is with, or where you are at (location wise). For example, in Panama, its would be fine to say, "Ella es morena y baja," but in some Spanish speaking places, like in America, simply saying, "ella es morena" could be seen as slightly offensive, or the TONE of the phrase could be translated incorrectly. However, generally speaking, using moreno/a to say black is fine if you are using it as a description. I hope this helps!!

Negro is the proper way.. Im pretty sure Moreno/a refers to a darker tanned person, whatever the race...
Negro is completely appropriate, but some take to offense here in the US, so you might wanna just go with moreno/a

piel negro is fine too, but again, it can be taken either way... i saw that you said that you needed this for a project ( i hope its not too late!) but if you never needed to say "black" in real life, i would use moreno first, and then if you need further clarifcation, you can say something like, piel negro.

there are some wines that are referrered to as "negro", in fact I had a friend walk out because of the name, but all it means is dark...

Si, es negro. Negro would be the word for it. It's the slang word kind of. Just depends on who ur talking to.