This is for Paralee,
I am a beginner . I have my microphone attached and the sound is working properly. I hear the words clearly but I cannot complete the speak section.After clicking on speak there are no other directions. Please help'

Hola! I am new to the site, I learned about it through the awesome video podcasts. I love it! I've just completed lesson one, but I can't seem to get to the Recognize, Listen, and Recall sections of the lesson.
Is this still down from the outage or am I blind?
Gracias!

Hi crystal, welcome to the forum grin

Are you talking about the flashcards? Have you discovered them yet? They are great help and you can also create your own!!

Is that what the recognize, listen and recall is? I was just wondering because in the left side bar, it says I haven't yet completed any of those three things, and I can't find them.
It says that flashcards, video, write, and speak is finished.

Oh I found it! Duh! Lol. Thanks!!

You are very welcome, Crystal grin

Is anyone else noticing weird happenings on this site when you switch browsers?
I use Windows IE and Google Chrome browsers and switch from one to the other depending on where I want to go because one has cookies enabled and one doesn't.

When I use my IE browser and go to my Learn page for Learn Spanish lessons I see the latest lessons 3.5 and 3.6. When I go to the same page with Google Chrome I see lessons 3.4, but no 3.5 or 3.6!

I also have seen other differences here. When I write a PM while using my IE browser the ads cover up the right hand side of my editor window and I can't see all of the text. When I write PM's while using my Google browser that problem doesn't exist.

Anyone else noticing odd behaviors? If it's just a problem of changing browser settings, that's simple enough, but I need to know if it's my browser or SpanishDict.com server's settings that are causing the odd behavior.

Follow up: (advantage to the new editing limits)

I can now see the latest lessons on Learn Spanish page with Chrome. Thank you if someone change the font tags or font so that my version of Chrome could see the text.

When I click on any of the video or sound in the media section I am re-directed to the forum. I assume thsi is part of the aftermath of the recent problems. Any idea when it will be fixed'

Whenever I try to reach a subcategory here:
http://www.spanishdict.com/reference/words

I get redirected to the forum page

wtf'

I get redirected to the forum page

wtf?

Can you enter the Reference section itself? If I type (to avoid a broken link) http//www.spanishdict.com/reference/ directly into my navigation box (URL) I get re-directed to the forum page (which I think is the default home page for this site for the moment).

same with

http://myspanishdict.com/reference/
try this one. it sets off my virus program, but I had that problem with one other link that others could use successfully.

try this one.

Which one'

We'd better off that site asap!!!

When I tried TSts link I got a big red allert warning that the page had xtrarobotz.com that could severely damage my computer.

Qfreeds link worked perfect for me.

That's odd. When I clicked your link (reads the same) it took me somehere, but mine won't.

Here's a picture of where mine took me. This doesn't look like the reference section to me.

Shoot, the photo is too large to attach. I'll PM it to you since you can send larger files with a PM.

qfreed stop PMing me with silly excuses, I am straight!!![color=red][/color]

I'm having a similar problem. Trying to open the video links under the media section, for the children's tv, opens a new window with acrobat reader which seems to be linking to xtrarobots.com, and trying to open some of the animations, or the link for audio lessons, just kicks me back to the forum!

Please could anyone help.

On the "Learn Spanish" page I am getting the following message when trying to connect to the first course:

"A Database Error Occurred
Unable to connect to your database server using the provided settings."

The remaining courses on this page connect ok.