Spanish TV shows? | SpanishDict Answers

Where can I watch spanish tv shows? preferably with english subtitles but i can do without also.
And also, can you recommend a show that's clean and not gory.

Thank you so much!!

If you have a computer you can watch many showes from spain at www.rtve.es This is the website for the spanish national television and radio. I have found that it is a great source of interesting showes. Moreover it gives you the chance to learn a little about Spain.

I found a 52 part series on the web that had originally been produced for public TV by the Annenberg foundation. Titled Destinos, An Introduction to Spanish you can link to it at http://www.learner.org/resources/series75.html.

I don't know if Destinos is a soap opera or not, - like Natasha, I would claim not to like soaps and am not sure I have ever even been able to sit through more than five minutes of what I thought to be one. But I liked Destinos a lot and thought it to be very intelligent and well done. Could that because when I watched it, I could hardly understood a word? grin That said, even without understanding and even without subtitles, I followed the story and looked forward to streaming each episode to my computer when I got home from work in the evening. Try it and let us know!

Check with your local library.

In LA, I'd think you'd have plenty of options if you have cable . . . but I could be wrong . . .

Personally, I hate soap operas, but it's been suggested on the forum before that some of the Spanish soaps (telenovelas) are good for listening practice precisely because they repeat so much.

if you live in the States, you are blessed with many local spanish TV shows. They have captions in both Spanish and English(CC1 CC2).

I checked out the site today and it looks great. There was something similar on bbc.com.
I enjoyed that a lot.
That one was more interactive but this one seems to use more conversational spanish, which is the point.

Janice said:

>

I don't have a TV so I need something that I could get on the computer. I should've specified that in my question.

casper said:

>

Hey Shawn,

I know you replied like ages ago, but I've been watching tv shows on rtve.es. I don't understand so much of it but it's fun to watch anyway.

I'm in love with Aguila Roja!!

me gusta mucho:

Aqui no hay quien viva

Pero.. I cannot find it in Wales, or online anywhere...

Depends on the cable provider and location. Me being in Chattanooga, TN area, Comcast rather than adding new channels, removes many channels to special digital cable subscribers, and I sadly don't have any Spanish television channels here.

There is a site called LoMasTV. They have videos and you can allow subtitles to be shown if you want them. It's not free;you have to subscribe. I believe it is $10 a month. There are examples on the home page so you can see if that is what you would like. It is accessed by computer.

me gusta mucho:

Aqui no hay quien viva

Here's the link: http://www.rtve.es/television/aguila-roja/

me gusta mucho:

Aqui no hay quien viva

Cool! Thanks.

Dora the Explorer is a good one for young and small children smile smile smile

it is English but they speak alot of Spanish in it, smile

Hi Sihara,

I've found a gem for you if you like the accent from Spain. The website:

seriesyonkis.com

has a lot of shows and movies (movies often have Spanish/English subs as well!) for you to either download or stream online. Also I have discovered an AMAZING program from Spain entitled: 7 Vidas. Apparently it was their equivalent of Friends (a little racier though which I love!). I've laughed pretty hard and the characters are quite loveable. Enjoy!

Here is the direct link to download or stream 7 Vidas in case you are interested!

http://www.seriesyonkis.com/serie/7-vidas/

Feliz Año y que disfrutes el programa!