4

how do you say gecko in spanish

• Is this question a set-up? - Echoline Dec 1, 2010

2

Asesinado por francotirador downer

• Dec 1, 2010

• Vamos, vamos, ya todo eso fue aclarado en su momento!. :-) El Gekko vive! - Gekkosan Dec 1, 2010
3

En Spanishdict.com, se dice "genioso", "brillante", "gran maestro"...¡y mucho más!

At Spanishdict.com, it is called "genius", "brilliant", "great teacher" ...and much more!

• Dec 1, 2010
  • Excellent! you should get 100 points for each vote on this very appropriate anwer! - Gekkosan Dec 1, 2010
2

Perhaps you should PM this member and ask that question.

¡Bienvenido al foro!

Welcome to the forum!

Los gecónidos, gecos, tuqueques, salamanquesas o cuijas (Gekkonidae)

• Good answer Q. Couldn't have done better. Except that the lowly lizard on that stick is not a Gecko! :-) - Gekkosan Dec 1, 2010
2

You say gecko in Spanish just as you say it in English. I have them all over my house. They eat insects, especially mosquitos, so that's great. I once had one gecko who lived on the ceiling, directly over the head of my bed. I never bothered it, until one night he lost his grip and fell on my chest when I was sleeping. Man, did I ever jump!!!

• Dec 1, 2010
  • Omgosh, I would probably have a heart attack D: - Goldie_Miel Dec 1, 2010
1

According to word reference dictionary (español), gecko = lagartija, but I would still wait for Gekkosan to weigh in on that...

Since that seems to translate out as small lizard, I would bet that they call it a Gekko in Spain as well...as they do in Italy, but definitely check that with Gekkosan..

• Dec 1, 2010
  • | Edited by sanlee Dec 1, 2010
  • Definitely! "Small lizard", indeed! What do those dictionary writers know anyway! :-) - Gekkosan Dec 1, 2010
1

geco

• Dec 1, 2010
  • You didn't like my link? - 0074b507 Dec 1, 2010
  • Didn't see it actually :o - lorenzo9 Dec 1, 2010
1

Gecos or tuqueques are the most wonderful creatures on Earth. Gentle, saintly, wise, patient, and exuberantly colored, Geckos can also use their feet to stick to just about anything;

are able to use their tails to steer as they leap through the air (some geckos can even fly short distances),

are able to regenerate their tails if lost, have beautiful songs, get rid of tons of bugs and pests, and are generally here to make everyone's lives happier and better!

So kudos to you Orfanel for such a smart and excellent question, and kudos to all who provided such accurate and beautifully crafted answers! grin

• Dec 1, 2010
  • God help us..... - Echoline Dec 1, 2010