3

I have done a search and came up dry. I would like to know some Spanish phrases and tearms of endearment to use with my family. I realize that a lot of the English phrases don't translate well or there are completely different sayings to get the same meaning. For example: We say ''The early bird gets the worm'' to mean, you snooze you lose, while in Spanish they say ''Camerón que se duerme se lo lleva la corriente''.

• I want to be the first to congratulate you on your shiny new "K"!! It should be coming soon. - Nicole-B Sep 20, 2009
  • Thanks. I saw that and almost passed out. Now I feel like a big boy. - Seitheach Sep 20, 2009

3

Mi cariña, mi cielo, mi tierra, mi amor (an obvious one), mi preciosa, mi tormentita, mi bocadilla. Mi corazon, mi honey, mi aguacatona (the one who turns me to water). Frases...pues....make up your own. Express your love in your way, not the way of others! One good one is tu eres mi cielo, soy tu tierra, but thats just something I say to my wife. It's ok to be creative. This isn't a cookie shop!! wink Another thing I call my wife when she's just watering a dead plant, I call her Senora Boca. She's speaks a little spanish, and for whatever reason, she likes that term. She responds "Ya tu sabes!!" wink

• This is good stuff here. Thanks. - Seitheach Sep 20, 2009
3

Cariño = my darling

Cielo = my dear

Mi amor = my love

Mi vida = my life

Querido(a) = my sweetie

• Sep 14, 2009
1

Mi ángel?

1

El que la persigue la consigue is often used in this context. Like if you work hard for something you will be succesful, in this case, if you do anything you can to get your beloved you will be succesful grin

• Sep 15, 2009
  • Is this from Spain? - Seitheach Sep 15, 2009
1

Sounds like as far as terms of endearment I can pretty much make up my own. As for quotes though, I would like to learn some regional quotes from different Spanish Speaking countries. Once again, thank you all.

• Sep 15, 2009
0

Another thing is, just like in english, you can use ANYTHING for a term of endearment. Such as for example my ex's mother used to call her "poopers" or "oh my little butterfly". So, I assume in spanish you can do the same thing? Like "aye, mi mariposita" (little butterfly) . I am not spanish native so this is a huge guess.

• Sep 15, 2009
  • This is a correct guess, chessie :) I LOOOOOVE cheese! - 00494d19 Sep 15, 2009
0

I knew an Ecuadorian girl online, we were good friends but we always teased each other. I always called her "La Nariz Bonita" cause I felt she had a pretty nose. Always made her blush.

• Sep 15, 2009
0

something to drink

• Jun 2, 2010