What is this word "mija" and what does it mean? | SpanishDict Answers

i just want to know what this word means mija and what is it in english

mija is short for mi hija which means my daughter....but it can be used with any young girl...even if she is not actually your daughter. Its just a sweet word to call someone.

We've had previous threads on this topic and I believe that it has other meanings besides being an abbreviated form of "mi hija." You might wish to search for previous discussions.

[mija][1] (over written)

clipped from previous discussion:

'Mija is a term of endearment. People call their children that too. Mijo for boys, mija for girls.

[previous reply][1]

[1]: I'm trying to find out what this means?

darn. one of my links wrote over the other one. Just Search previous topics for mija.

• It seems to me that "mija" is just the product of the i's of "mi" y "hija" sliding together when said quickly. - Nick-Cortina Aug 29, 2009 flag

Rachel, please do not repost the same question, you must be patient to get an answer.

Please read your PM.