Copyright © Curiosity Media Inc.
A suffix is an affix that is added to the end of a word to create a new word with a different meaning (e.g. philia, ism).
1. (abundant in; used with nouns to form adjectives)
2. (related to the action involved; used with verbs to form adjectives)
3. (used to intensify the meaning of the root)
4. (used to attenuate the meaning of the root)
5. (designates the minimum valency)
Hover on a tile to learn new words with the same root.
Loading word forms
Translate -oso using machine translatorsSee Machine Translations
Want to Learn Spanish?
Spanish learning for everyone. For free.
The world’s largest Spanish dictionary
Conjugations for every Spanish verb
Learn vocabulary faster
Learn every rule and exception
Native-speaker video pronunciations
Word of the Day
Have you tried it yet? Here's what's included:
Learn offline on iOS
Learn Spanish faster