Copyright © Curiosity Media Inc.
A phrase is a group of words commonly used together (e.g once upon a time).
1. (to make certain)
2. (imperative; used to address one person)
A word of phrase used to refer to the second person informal “tú” by their conjugation or implied context (e.g. How are you?).
When you leave the house, make sure all the doors are locked.Al salir de casa, asegúrate de que todas las puertas están cerradas con llave.
A word or phrase used to refer to the second person formal “usted” by their conjugation or implied context (e.g. usted).
Before starting the blender, make sure the lid is tightly closed.Antes de poner en marcha la licuadora, asegúrese de que la tapa está bien cerrada.
3. (imperative; used to address multiple people)
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Learn Spanish with Fluencia
Try Fluencia, the new Spanish learning program from SpanishDict.
- Fun and interactive
- Highly effective
- Easy to use
- Works on any device
Did this page answer your question?