give wayintransitive verb phrase
1. (to let other traffic pass)
That boat is dragging nets, so we have to give way.Ese barco está arrastrando redes, así que tenemos que ceder el paso.
2. (to collapse)
3. (to be superseded; used with "to")
a. dar paso
The horse and buggy gave way to the automobile.El caballo y la carreta dieron paso al automóvil.
4. (to surrender; used with "to")
Clara was tired of arguing, so she gave way to Peter's requests.Clara estaba cansada de discutir, así que cedió ante las peticiones de Peter.
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Did this page answer your question?