no estarintransitive verb phrase
1. (used to express a quality)
Este pastel no está dulce. ¿De qué está hecho? - Tiene pescado.This pie isn't sweet. What's it made of? - It's got fish.
2. (used to express an emotion or state)
No estoy enojado. - Sí lo estás. Reconócelo.I'm not angry. - Yes, you are. Admit it.
3. (used to indicate location)
Siento no estar allí para celebrar la Navidad con ustedes.I'm sorry I can't be there to celebrate Christmas with you.
4. (used to refer to appearance)
a. not to look
¿Quieres que te diga la verdad? No estás muy elegante que digamos con esas zapatillas.You want the truth? You don't look terribly elegant in those sneakers.
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Did this page answer your question?