el marchante, la marchantemasculine or feminine noun
1. (occupation)masculine or feminine noun
Mi amiga Elisa es una marchanta de arte contemporaneo.My friend Elisa is a dealer of contemporary art.
b. art dealer
La galería invito a conocidos marchantes a la exposición.The art gallery invited well known art dealers to the exhibit.
I bought this ancient coin from an antiques' merchant.I bought this old coin from an antiques merchant.
2. (person who runs a stand at a market) (Latin America)
3. (buyer) (Latin America)
La marchanta trajo una canasta para llevar las frutas que compró.The customer brought a basket to carry the fruit she bought.
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Learn Spanish with Fluencia
Try Fluencia, the new Spanish learning program from SpanishDict.
- Fun and interactive
- Highly effective
- Easy to use
- Works on any device
Did this page answer your question?