el mae, la maemasculine or feminine noun
1. (colloquial) (form of address) (Costa Rica)masculine or feminine noun
a. dude (colloquial)
Mae, préstame tu celular. No tengo saldo.Dude, lend me your cellphone. I ran out of credit.
Qué tuanis tu carro, mae. - ¡Pura vida!Your car is awesome, dude. - Thanks!
b. bro (colloquial) (masculine)
Qué buena estuvo la mejenga, mae.The pickup game was really good, bro.
c. girl (colloquial) (feminine)
Yo paso por ti, mae. - ¡Qué tuanis, gracias!I'll pick you up, girl. - Awesome, thanks!
2. (colloquial) (person) (Costa Rica)
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Did this page answer your question?