This word may also be spelled "geez."
1. (colloquial) (used to express surprise or irritation) (United States)
a. caray (colloquial)
Jeez, that's the biggest birthday cake I've ever seen!¡Caray! ¡Ese es el pastel de cumpleaños más grande que he visto en mi vida!
b. por Dios (colloquial)
Jeez! Tell me the truth already.¡Por Dios! Ya dime la verdad.
c. jo (colloquial) (Spain)
The bank closes in five minutes and we're 20 minutes away. - Jeez, you're right. I don't think we'll make it.El banco cierra en cinco minutos y estamos a 20 minutos de ahí. - Jo, tienes razón. No creo que lleguemos.
1. (colloquial) (United States)
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Learn Spanish with Fluencia
Try Fluencia, the new Spanish learning program from SpanishDict.
- Fun and interactive
- Highly effective
- Easy to use
- Works on any device
Did this page answer your question?