Showing results for caparazón. Search instead for el caparazón.
"Caparazón", in the sense shown in 1), is a masculine noun in the majority of Spanish-speaking countries, but is feminine in some areas.
el caparazón, la caparazónmasculine or feminine noun
1. (animal cover)masculine noun
El comercio del carey se prohibió porque se obtiene del caparazón de una especie en peligro de extinción.The trade of tortoiseshell was banned because it's produced from the shell of an endangered species.
2. (bird skeleton)
3. (figurative) (protection)
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Learn Spanish with Fluencia
Try Fluencia, the new Spanish learning program from SpanishDict.
- Fun and interactive
- Highly effective
- Easy to use
- Works on any device
Did this page answer your question?