dejar plantadotransitive verb phrase
1. (colloquial) (to fail to meet or keep an appointment with)
2. (colloquial) (to abandon)
a. to ditch (colloquial)
¿No me van a dejar aquí plantada? - Lo siento, Merche, pero tenemos que irnos.You're not ditching me here, are you? - I'm sorry, Merche, but we have to leave.
b. to dump (colloquial) (in a relationship)
Dejó plantada a su esposa por una corista.He dumped his wife for a chorus girl.
3. (colloquial) (to put down anywhere)
a. to stick
¿Y todos estos trastos? - Los albañiles que están reformando el apartamento de al lado los dejaron plantados en el descansillo y aún no han venido a recogerlos.What's all this junk? - The builders working on the apartment next door stuck them on the landing and didn't come back to get them.
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Learn Spanish with Fluencia
Try Fluencia, the new Spanish learning program from SpanishDict.
- Fun and interactive
- Highly effective
- Easy to use
- Works on any device
Did this page answer your question?