Hear an audio pronunciation
Velazquez® Spanish and English Dictionary. Copyright © 2007 by Velazquez® Press. All rights reserved.
contadora [con-tah-dor’, rah]
1. Computer, reckoner, one skilled in accounts, accountant. (m & f)
2. Numberer, numerator. (m & f)
3. Counter, tell-tale a device attached to a machine for counting its strokes or revolutions, a meter for gas or water. (m & f)
- Contador de gasgas meter
- Contador de revolucionestachometer
4. Counter, the table on which money is told in a shop. (m & f)
5. Desk. (m & f)
6. An auditor. (m & f)
7. Counting-house. (m & f)
8. Counter, a false piece of money used for marking the game. (m & f)
- Contador de marinapurser in the navy
- Contador en serie(Inform.) serial counter
Hover on a tile to learn new words with the same root.
Loading word forms
Translate contadora using machine translatorsSee Machine Translations
Want to Learn Spanish?
Spanish learning for everyone. For free.
The world’s largest Spanish dictionary
Conjugations for every Spanish verb
Learn vocabulary faster
Learn every rule and exception
Native-speaker video pronunciations
Word of the Day
Have you tried it yet? Here's what's included:
Learn offline on iOS
Learn Spanish faster