1. (with practice in something) (South America)
Rojas es un arquero canchero y estoy seguro que atajará algunos penales.Rojas is an experienced goalkeeper and I'm sure he'll save some penalties.
2. (skillful) (South America)
Mi hermano es un andinista canchero. Será el guía ideal.My brother is a skilled mountaineer. He'll be the perfect guide.
3. (in charge of keeping a playing field) (South America)
4. (colloquial) (self-assured) (River Plate)
5. (colloquial) (fashionable) (Argentina)masculine or feminine noun
Estos jeans son muy cancheros y me quedan perfecto.These jeans are very trendy and fit me perfectly.
6. (person in charge of keeping a playing field) (South America)
7. (colloquial) (presumptuous person) (Argentina)
a. show-off (colloquial)
Nahuel solía ser humilde, pero ahora es un canchero.Nahuel used to be humble, but now he's just a show-off.
1. (colloquial) (River Plate)Noun
a. savvy, streetwise
2. (colloquial) (River Plate)
a. savvy o streetwise person
3. (cuidador) (Latin America)
a. groundsman, groundswoman
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Learn Spanish with Fluencia
Try Fluencia, the new Spanish learning program from SpanishDict.
- Fun and interactive
- Highly effective
- Easy to use
- Works on any device
Did this page answer your question?