caerle bientransitive verb phrase
1. (to seem nice to someone)
a. to like
A tu padre no le cae bien tu novio. - Mamá, ¡ni siquiera lo conoce!Your father doesn't like your boyfriend. - Mom, he doesn't even know him!
2. (to be fitting or healthful for someone)
a. to agree
Mi mujer solo tomará una ensalada, el pollo frito no le cae muy bien.My wife will have just a salad. Fried chicken doesn't agree with her.
Sé que no querías ofender, pero tu comentario no le cayó bien a Tina.I know you meant no harm, but your comment didn't go down well with Tina.
c. to suit
Este abrigo le cae a Ray a la perfección.This coat suits Ray just perfectly.
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Learn Spanish with Fluencia
Try Fluencia, the new Spanish learning program from SpanishDict.
- Fun and interactive
- Highly effective
- Easy to use
- Works on any device
Did this page answer your question?