Copyright © Curiosity Media Inc.
A phrase is a group of words commonly used together (e.g once upon a time).
1. (used to talk about a short or defined period of time)
Don't be like that; I didn't know you wanted to go with us. I figured that you would have said something if you did.No te pongas así, que no me di cuenta de que querías ir con nosotros. Imaginé que si así fuera, habrías dicho algo.
The bar looked all dark, so I figured it was closed. - No, it's just a dark bar.Como el bar se veía todo oscuro, concluí que estaba cerrado. - No, solo es que es un bar oscuro.
c. calculé (regarding something quantifiable)
I figured we had enough time to get something to eat before our flight.Calculé que teníamos tiempo suficiente para comer algo antes del vuelo.
2. (used to talk about a long or undefined period of time)
Hover on a tile to learn new words with the same root.
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Learn Spanish with Fluencia
Try Fluencia, the new Spanish learning program from SpanishDict.
- Fun and interactive
- Highly effective
- Easy to use
- Works on any device