Copyright © Curiosity Media Inc.
I could tell
A phrase is a group of words commonly used together (e.g once upon a time).
1. (I knew)
a. me di cuenta
Monica was mad at me last night. - I could tell. What happened between you two?Mónica estuvo enojada conmigo anoche. - Me di cuenta. ¿Qué les pasó?
I could tell by your expression that you had a secret.Supe por tu cara que tenías un secreto.
c. pude ver
When you came into the room, I could tell you had been crying.Cuando entraste a la sala, pude ver que habías estado llorando.
2. (it was evident)
3. (I would be able to communicate)
4. (I was able to communicate)
Hover on a tile to learn new words with the same root.
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Learn Spanish with Fluencia
Try Fluencia, the new Spanish learning program from SpanishDict.
- Fun and interactive
- Highly effective
- Easy to use
- Works on any device