This suffix may also be spelled "-ise."
Copyright © Curiosity Media Inc.
A suffix is an affix that is added to the end of a word to create a new word with a different meaning (e.g. philia, ism).
1. (used to form verbs with the sense of "to do")
2. (used to form verbs with the sense of "to cause to become")
Hover on a tile to learn new words with the same root.
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Learn Spanish with Fluencia
Try Fluencia, the new Spanish learning program from SpanishDict.
- Fun and interactive
- Highly effective
- Easy to use
- Works on any device