Chaparrita

1

Not real sure how it's spelled, but would like a definition for it. It's chapparita or chaparrita.

updated Jul 20, 2010
posted by Juanita

5

slang for short. Used for short females. A pet name for a short woman or short girl, "shorty." Usually used as a pet name within a Mexican family as a sign of affection for a little girl.

updated Apr 10, 2010
edited by Neago
posted by Neago
Perhaps it's not offensive to you, but it can be, and I felt it appropriate to point out. Note I did not flag you. And the definition you used shows up at UD, exact same wording and all... http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chaparrita
I asked how offensive "latin" is, please see the responses here "http://bit.ly/d4W0MT"
3

We actually have a member here known as Chaparrito. Ironically, he claims to be tall.

By the way, where have you been Chaparitto? We miss you! smile

updated Jul 20, 2010
posted by Nicole-B
That's the first thing that came to mind.
Yes, I wonder about him, too. He was a great contributor to SD.
So do I
Do you know where is Chaparrito?
6'5" :-)
3

Hi Nuxita

You had no reason to edit Neago´s answer. I have reinstated the original as I can see nothing wrong with it. As a retaliation to your edit, Neago has flagged your comment.

Would you please both treat editing and flagging with caution as it will only cause bad feeling.

updated Apr 11, 2010
edited by Eddy
I did not edit anyone's answer. I don't know where you get this from.
In fact, it shows quite clearly that Neago made the edit.
Sorry about that. I was sure I saw your profile picture on the post. Must get new glasses, hehe.
2

Exactly Nicole, Chaparrito seems to have disappeared. I opened a thread about that but, unluckily, it didn't arouse much interest :( Where is Maestro?? smile

updated Jul 20, 2010
posted by bomberapolaca
Lo siento... :-(
0

Her profile says she joined SpanishDict on April 9 2008 - can't be right can it? - ian-hill

Yes it can, Ian, look at minewink

You joined SpanishDict (Dec 14, 2007)

updated Apr 9, 2010
At the moment, it says you joined on Apr 09, 2010 and that you last appeared on 2010-04-09 . You appear to have accumulated an astonishing number of "points" in a single day.
Especially for an eighteen-year old.
0

Are some timestamps incorrect or is this question actually two years old?

I just now noticed that the original question and followup response from juanita are much older than any of the answers given. Odd.

updated Apr 9, 2010
posted by nuxita
Her profile says she joined SpanishDict on April 9 2008 - can't be right can it?
0

Thank you very much. I've been forever trying to figure this one out.

updated Apr 10, 2008
posted by Juanita
© Curiosity Media Inc.  |  Ver en español