HomeQ&AWhat can I do on SpanishDict?

What can I do on SpanishDict?

4

What can I do to other peopole on this website? Which actions can I carry out? What activity can I create with others on spanishdict.com? thank you in advance

Csaba

edited by --Mariana--
posted by Dobrentey
For starters, Döb, you can teach us to windsurf! - LateToDinner, JUL 2, 2010
How did you know, that I'm a windsurf instructor? :O - Dobrentey, JUL 2, 2010
but yeah, I'd love to. - Dobrentey, JUL 2, 2010

3

Hi and welcome to the SpanishDict forum.

You can go into the Chat, which is located under the "More" tab at the top of this screen.

You can ask questions on the forum about your study of Spanish (or English).

Here's a list of F.A.Q., which will guide you to all of the things you can do here.

Enjoy the site! wink

Marianne ... see PM ♥ - LateToDinner, JUL 2, 2010
Thanks, Vincent! - --Mariana--, JUL 2, 2010
3

Participate.

Not long ago, another new member asked a great question about participation:

I noticed that up to 150 members can read a question, yet only 4 or 5 answer it, mostly always the same. And out of all those not many actually vote for a good question or answer.

"What's up with that people, shy, too busy, have nothing to say? In my opinion the more you participate in a community the more you get out of it...and that's the free gift. Everybody here is so friendly, the only risk you are taking by answering a question is to give the wrong answer and someone will politely give you the correct answer, yet another gift as you will go to bed having learned something.

So...vamos amigos y amigas...participation is a winner" ...Sfrenchie

The answers to Sfrenchie's question may go a long way to answer yours.

Participate

edited by LateToDinner
posted by LateToDinner
I think (hope) that this will get more response throughout the day -- not many people here on a Sat morning. - --Mariana--, JUL 2, 2010
Is today Saturday? Marianne, all week I have been confused about what day it is, (this happens when you are retired... sigh) - margaretbl, JUL 2, 2010
With Monday a holiday, Lady M has bequeathed us a 5-day weekend! - LateToDinner, JUL 2, 2010
I'm workin' at the weekend, but I love my job :-) - Dobrentey, JUL 2, 2010
Oops... it's Friday! - --Mariana--, JUL 2, 2010
We knew that, we tried to make light of vs beat you up! We're like that, you know. - LateToDinner, JUL 3, 2010
3

You can make flashcards and you can create games. You can create phrasebook entries.

posted by ijgijgijg
2

Thank you all for these kind answers. I must say, the friendlyness is amazing here. I've never expirienced this at any other website. Spanish language seems to loosen up everybody's allday stress. Siesta :D I absolutely adore now this language grin

posted by Dobrentey
2

Csaba! Welcome!

Let me ask the brazen question: What would you like to do to 'people' on this website?

I am kind of hoping you meant "with', instead of "to" but when I think about it, even that can get multiple reactions!

But if you are asking what is available to you here within in the realm of learning Spanish, I would say: Just about anything.

Marianne has given you a link that lists a great deal of what this site offers, but you already have done a great deal yourself, doing lessons, asking questions ...

So I go back to my original (but modified) pregunta: What would you like to do with the people here?

edited by LateToDinner
posted by LateToDinner
yes, I meant that. - Dobrentey, JUL 2, 2010
I was thinking in terms of social activities e.g.: sending a letter to someone, getting know each other better and so on. - Dobrentey, JUL 2, 2010
I think you are doing that now! And doing it well, I would like to add! ...more at new answer below. - LateToDinner, JUL 2, 2010
2

To get to the flashcards, click on the word flashcards right below the words SpanishDict to get to the chat click on more and then click on chat the word of the day under more is a great way to learn more Spanish.

posted by rcgrcgrcg
1

I was thinking in terms of social activities e.g.: sending a letter to someone, getting know each other better and so on. - Dobrentey

Reading the answers will take care of part 2, 'getting to know...' and clicking on the avatar in the answer will take you to that person's profile. Clicking on "send private message" allows you to take care of part 1, 'letter."

How did you know, that I'm a windsurf instructor? :O - Dobrentey

I didn't know until you said it. But someone thought you said Casaba so I looked up Csaba and when I saw it was a very popular name I added Döbrentey and got some videos ... took a stab.

I've never expirienced this at any other website.

Yeah, it is kind of unique, isn't it. And it is supposed to be about learning Spanish and/or English. My Spanish vocabulary is expanding by leaps and bounds but I'm still very hesitant to actually speak it. But if you are ready for speaking and want to chat, here is another thread to look at:

Chat time

But I am very comfortable with my English, and ask if you would like my suggestions as they come up, or if you would prefer that I just simply correct them for you. Because there are many non-English speakers viewing this site, great effort is taken by many to keep the posts grammar-punctuation-spelling correct (he says as he butchers the sentence!)

And again: Welcome.

edited by LateToDinner
posted by LateToDinner
experienced ... friendliness ... - LateToDinner, JUL 2, 2010