1. (formal) (you're in debt to the value of; singular)
a. you owe
Usted debe todavía €50,000 al banco y, hasta que no los pague, el banco no le concederá otro préstamo.You still owe €50,000 to the bank, and until you pay it off, the bank won't give you another loan.
2. (formal) (used to express obligation; singular)
a. you should
Usted debe tener más cuidado con lo que dice, es demasiado sincero.You should be more careful with what you say. You're too sincere.
3. (formal) (used to express probability; singular)
a. you must
Se parece mucho a Rosa. Usted debe ser su hermano.You look very much like Rosa. You must be her brother.
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Learn Spanish with Fluencia
Try Fluencia, the new Spanish learning program from SpanishDict.
- Fun and interactive
- Highly effective
- Easy to use
- Works on any device
Did this page answer your question?