Copyright © Curiosity Media Inc.
An interjection is a short utterance that expresses emotion, hesitation, or protest (e.g. Wow!).
1. (used to express uncertainty)
Regionalism used in Latin America: all the countries in South America, Central America, and the Caribbean. Does not include Spain.
What time are we meeting Jenna? - Uh... I'm not sure.¿A qué hora nos veremos con Jenna? - Este... no estoy segura.
Regionalism used in Spain
Where's my coat? - Right here. Uh... maybe not.¿Dónde está mi abrigo? - Aquí. Esto... tal vez no.
2. (used to fill space in a conversation)
Hover on a tile to learn new words with the same root.
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Learn Spanish with Fluencia
Try Fluencia, the new Spanish learning program from SpanishDict.
- Fun and interactive
- Highly effective
- Easy to use
- Works on any device
Did this page answer your question?