they are deadphrase
1. (they are no longer alive)
What happened to the people in the building? - They are dead because the firefighters got here too late.¿Qué pasó con las personas en el edificio? - Están muertos porque los bomberos llegaron demasiado tarde.
2. (colloquial) (figurative) (they are exhausted)
a. están muertos (colloquial) (figurative)
Why aren't Jody and Robin here at the party? - They are dead. They ran a marathon yesterday.¿Por qué no están Jody y Robin aquí en la fiesta? - Están muertas. Corrieron un maratón ayer.
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Did this page answer your question?