1. (trade union) (United Kingdom)
1. (informal) (second person singular)
Yo, como tú, tengo que trabajar mañana.I, like you, have to work tomorrow.
Usually omitted in Spanish except for emphasis or contrast.
- tú te llamas Sara your name is Sara
- es más alta que tú she's taller than you
- hablar o tratar de tú a alguien = to address somebody as “tú”, i.e. informally
cuando tú quieras whenever you like; que esto quede entre tú y yo this is between you and me; ¿yo, gordo? ¿y tú qué? fat? me? what about you?; llegamos antes que tú we arrived before you (did); es mucho más alto que tú he is much taller than you (are)
en el partido se mantuvo el tú a tú the game was between equals; the game was an equal struggle; hablar o llamar o tratar a algn de tú to use the "tú" form of address; nos tratamos de tú we address each other as "tú"; háblame de tú, que ahora somos familia you can address me as "tú", we're family now
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Learn Spanish with Fluencia
Try Fluencia, the new Spanish learning program from SpanishDict.
- Fun and interactive
- Highly effective
- Easy to use
- Works on any device
Did this page answer your question?