1. (his or her purpose; third person singular)
a. his aim (masculine)
Batir el récord del mundo era su objetivo.Breaking the world record was his aim.
b. her aim (feminine)
La profesora Márquez es ante todo una científica, y su objetivo es explorar la mente humana.Professor Márquez is above all a scientist, and her aim is to explore the human mind.
c. his goal (masculine)
Su objetivo es ser maestro de escuela.His goal is to be a school teacher.
d. her goal (feminine)
Admiro a Lía. Es ciega, pero su objetivo es atravesar la bahía del Hudson a nado.I admire Lia. She's blind, but her goal is to swim across the Hudson Bay.
2. (formal) (his or her purpose; second person singular)
3. (their purpose; third person plural)
4. (military; third person singular)
5. (formal) (military; second person singular)
a. your target
Por favor, teniente, dígale a este tribunal cuál era su objetivo.Lieutenant, please tell this tribunal what your target was.
6. (military; third person plural)
a. their target
Las tropas enemigas avanzaban hacia su objetivo.The enemy troops advanced on their target.
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Learn Spanish with Fluencia
Try Fluencia, the new Spanish learning program from SpanishDict.
- Fun and interactive
- Highly effective
- Easy to use
- Works on any device
Did this page answer your question?