This word may also be spelled "zoca" in the senses shown in 1) and 2).
1. (botany) (Andes) (Central America) (Mexico)
a. ratoon (of sugarcane)
Una peste infectó las socas.The ratoons have been infected by a pest.
b. shoot (of rice)
No usamos herbicidas en las socas.We don't use herbicides on the shoots.
c. top leaf (of a tobacco plant)
Los investigadores quieren averiguar si la soca tiene más nicotina.The researchers want to find out if the top leaf has more nicotine.
2. (colloquial) (inebriation) (Central America)
La soca del tío Julio es una parte inherente de su vida.Uncle Julio's drunkenness is an inherent part of his life.
3. (music) (Caribbean)
Nuestra banda toca soca y a veces salsa.Our band plays soca and sometimes salsa.
hacerse el soca to act dumb (familiar)
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Learn Spanish with Fluencia
Try Fluencia, the new Spanish learning program from SpanishDict.
- Fun and interactive
- Highly effective
- Easy to use
- Works on any device
Did this page answer your question?