Copyright © Curiosity Media Inc.
A phrase is a group of words commonly used together (e.g once upon a time).
1. (if it's operative; third person singular)
a. if it works
Es una laptop vieja. Enciéndela para ver si funciona.It's an old laptop. Turn it on to check if it works.
b. if it functions
Si funciona con energía solar, entonces no hará falta comprar gasolina.If it functions using solar power, then we won't have to buy gasoline.
c. if it runs
Me gusta ese programa, pero no sé si funciona en mi computadora.I like that software, but I don't know if it runs on my computer.
2. (if it's successful; tercera persona del singular)
Hover on a tile to learn new words with the same root.
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Learn Spanish with Fluencia
Try Fluencia, the new Spanish learning program from SpanishDict.
- Fun and interactive
- Highly effective
- Easy to use
- Works on any device