Copyright © Curiosity Media Inc.
A phrase is a group of words commonly used together (e.g once upon a time).
1. (used to express a quality or a state)
2. (used to express an attitude)
3. (used to express a feeling)
Nosotros estamos tristes porque nuestro hijo se fue a estudiar fuera, pero él nunca había estado tan contento.We're sad because our son went to study abroad, but he had never been so happy before.
4. (we are guests at; used with "en")
5. (used with a gerund)
¿Están ya en casa ? Nosotros estamos bajando del coche en este momento. Nos vemos en cinco minutos.Are you already at home? We're getting out of the car right at this moment. See you in five minutes.
6. (used with a participle)
Hover on a tile to learn new words with the same root.
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Learn Spanish with Fluencia
Try Fluencia, the new Spanish learning program from SpanishDict.
- Fun and interactive
- Highly effective
- Easy to use
- Works on any device
Did this page answer your question?