1. (colloquial) (relative) (United Kingdom)
2. (colloquial) (botany)adjective
3. (slang) (silent)
He was mum during the entire class.Estuvo callado durante toda la clase.
Is everything ok? You've been mum all day.¿Está todo bien? Has estado silencioso el día entero.
I know something is worrying him but he keeps mum.Sé que algo le preocupa, pero no suelta prenda.
Keep mum, this will be our secret.No digas ni pío, será nuestro secreto.
1. (mother) (United Kingdom)adverb
a. la mamá (F)
mum's the word!¡de esto ni mu!
a. no direct translation
to keep mum (about something)no decir ni pío or ni mu (sobre algo)
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Did this page answer your question?