Copyright © Curiosity Media Inc.
for the summer
A phrase is a group of words commonly used together (e.g once upon a time).
1. (in regard to the summer)
2. (for the duration of the summer)
This refers to an idiomatic word or phrase for which there is no word-for-word translation.
no direct translation
Most of the people who work at the restaurant are only here for the summer.La mayoría de las personas que trabajan en este restaurante solo van a pasar el verano aquí.
When I was growing up, we would go to Maine for the summer every year.Cuando crecía, solíamos ir a pasar el verano en Maine cada año.
3. (in time for)
Hover on a tile to learn new words with the same root.
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Learn Spanish with Fluencia
Try Fluencia, the new Spanish learning program from SpanishDict.
- Fun and interactive
- Highly effective
- Easy to use
- Works on any device