Copyright © Curiosity Media Inc.
A phrase is a group of words commonly used together (e.g once upon a time).
1. (used to indicate duration)
a. durante horas
I waited for hours, but Francis never showed up.Esperé durante horas, pero Francis no apareció.
Peter remained unconscious on the floor for hours, until Mathilda came back and found him.Peter permaneció horas inconsciente en el piso, hasta que Mathilda volvió y lo encontró.
c. por horas
He would sit alone in his room for hours.Se quedaba sentado solo en su habitación por horas.
2. (used to refer to a past ongoing situation)
Hover on a tile to learn new words with the same root.
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Learn Spanish with Fluencia
Try Fluencia, the new Spanish learning program from SpanishDict.
- Fun and interactive
- Highly effective
- Easy to use
- Works on any device