Copyright © Curiosity Media Inc.
for an hour
A phrase is a group of words commonly used together (e.g once upon a time).
1. (used to indicate duration)
a. una hora
I'll just be away for an hour. You can manage in the meantime.Solo me iré una hora. Puedes arreglártelas mientras tanto.
b. por una hora
This ought to keep the children busy at least for an hour.Esto debería mantener a los niños ocupados al menos por una hora.
c. durante una hora
I waited for an hour, and then I left. He never turned up.Esperé durante una hora y después me fui. Él nunca apareció.
2. (used to refer to a past ongoing situation)
Hover on a tile to learn new words with the same root.
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Learn Spanish with Fluencia
Try Fluencia, the new Spanish learning program from SpanishDict.
- Fun and interactive
- Highly effective
- Easy to use
- Works on any device