Copyright © Curiosity Media Inc.
A contraction is a shortened form of a word or group of words made by omitting a sound or letter (e.g. don't).
1. (are we not; used to express a permanent quality)
2. (are we not; used to express a temporary state)
3. (are we not; in question tags)
This refers to an idiomatic word or phrase for which there is no word-for-word translation.
no direct translation
We're among friends here, aren't we?Estamos entre amigos aquí, ¿verdad?
We're going to Florida again this summer, aren't we?Nos vamos a Florida otra vez este verano, ¿no?
Hover on a tile to learn new words with the same root.
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Learn Spanish with Fluencia
Try Fluencia, the new Spanish learning program from SpanishDict.
- Fun and interactive
- Highly effective
- Easy to use
- Works on any device