Copyright © Curiosity Media Inc.
A contraction is a shortened form of a word or group of words made by omitting a sound or letter (e.g. don't).
1. (are they not; used to express a permanent quality)
2. (are they not; used to express a temporary state)
3. (are they not; in question tags)
This refers to an idiomatic word or phrase for which there is no word-for-word translation.
no direct translation
The kids are visiting this weekend, aren't they?Los niños van a visitar este fin de semana, ¿verdad?
Your brothers are coming to the party, aren't they?Tus hermanos van a venir a la fiesta, ¿no?
Hover on a tile to learn new words with the same root.
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Learn Spanish with Fluencia
Try Fluencia, the new Spanish learning program from SpanishDict.
- Fun and interactive
- Highly effective
- Easy to use
- Works on any device