Copyright © Curiosity Media Inc.
A contraction is a shortened form of a word or group of words made by omitting a sound or letter (e.g. don't).
1. (am I not; used to express a permanent quality)
2. (am I not; used to express a temporary state)
3. (am I not; in question tags)
This refers to an idiomatic word or phrase for which there is no word-for-word translation.
no direct translation
I'm allowed to visit him in the hospital, aren't I?Yo puedo visitarlo en el hospital, ¿no?
I'm invited to the party too, aren't I?Yo también estoy invitada a la fiesta, ¿verdad?
Hover on a tile to learn new words with the same root.
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Learn Spanish with Fluencia
Try Fluencia, the new Spanish learning program from SpanishDict.
- Fun and interactive
- Highly effective
- Easy to use
- Works on any device