Copyright © Curiosity Media Inc.
are you close
A phrase is a group of words commonly used together (e.g once upon a time).
1. (are you near; used to address one person)
a. estás cerca
A word of phrase used to refer to the second person informal “tú” by their conjugation or implied context (e.g. How are you?).
Are you close? - Yeah, I'll be there in five minutes.¿Estás cerca? - Sí, voy a llegar in cinco minutos.
b. está cerca
A word or phrase used to refer to the second person formal “usted” by their conjugation or implied context (e.g. usted).
Hello, Mr. Alvarez. Where are you? Are you close to the entrance? - Yes, I'm right outside.Hola, señor Álvarez. ¿Dónde está? ¿Está cerca de la entrada? - Sí, estoy justo afuera.
2. (are you near; used to address multiple people)
3. (do you have a close relationship; used to address multiple people)
Hover on a tile to learn new words with the same root.
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Learn Spanish with Fluencia
Try Fluencia, the new Spanish learning program from SpanishDict.
- Fun and interactive
- Highly effective
- Easy to use
- Works on any device