Copyright © Curiosity Media Inc.
I went to school yesterday
A phrase is a group of words commonly used together (e.g once upon a time).
1. (I went to the educational institution yesterday)
a. fui a la escuela ayer
I went to school yesterday, but I didn't see you.Fui a la escuela ayer, pero no te vi.
b. fui al colegio ayer
I went to school yesterday to talk with my daughter's teacher.Fui al colegio ayer para hablar con el profesor de mi hija.
c. fui a la facultad ayer
I went to school yesterday at 2 pm.Fui a la facultad ayer a las 2 pm.
2. (I went to the institution for higher education yesterday)
Regionalism used in the United States
Hover on a tile to learn new words with the same root.
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Learn Spanish with Fluencia
Try Fluencia, the new Spanish learning program from SpanishDict.
- Fun and interactive
- Highly effective
- Easy to use
- Works on any device
Did this page answer your question?