Copyright © Curiosity Media Inc.
I found him
A phrase is a group of words commonly used together (e.g once upon a time).
1. (to encounter something; for a short or defined period of time)
2. (to encounter something; for a long or undefined period of time)
a. lo encontraba
Whenever the cat disappeared for long periods of time, I found him hiding under the bed.Cada vez que el gato se desaparecía por largos períodos de tiempo, lo encontraba escondido bajo la cama.
3. (to consider something; for a long or undefined period of time)
a. lo encontraba
I always liked that friend of yours who was a comedian. I found him funny.Siempre me gustó el amigo tuyo que era comediante. Lo encontraba gracioso.
b. lo consideraba
I never liked Pilar's boyfriend, and I told her I found him annoying.Nunca me gustó el novio de Pilar, y le dije que lo consideraba un pesado.
4. (to consider something; for a short or defined period of time)
a. lo encontré
I didn't like the waiter. - Really? He was quiet, but I found him to be nice.No me gustó el camarero. - ¿De veras? Era callado, pero lo encontré amable.
b. lo consideré
My husband didn't like the tour guide, but I found him helpful.A mi esposo no le gustó el guía turístico, pero lo consideré servicial.
Hover on a tile to learn new words with the same root.
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Learn Spanish with Fluencia
Try Fluencia, the new Spanish learning program from SpanishDict.
- Fun and interactive
- Highly effective
- Easy to use
- Works on any device