Copyright © Curiosity Media Inc.
A suffix is an affix that is added to the end of a word to create a new word with a different meaning (e.g. philia, ism).
1. (related to; used with nouns to form adjectives)
2. (used to form demonyms)
3. (resembling; used with nouns to form adjectives)
This refers to an idiomatic word or phrase for which there is no word-for-word translation.
no direct translation
Pica el ajo y el cebollino.Chop the garlic and the small onion.
En el nido había tres palominos.There were three young birds in the nest.
Hover on a tile to learn new words with the same root.
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Learn Spanish with Fluencia
Try Fluencia, the new Spanish learning program from SpanishDict.
- Fun and interactive
- Highly effective
- Easy to use
- Works on any device
Did this page answer your question?